Thursday, December 1, 2011

Someone's birthday......






HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACKLYN!!!





Exactly 13 years ago a little peanut was born, yes, I said 13. I will spell it out for you to emphasize the most important part of word thir-TEEN.  Did you get that Mick? A teenager, boy you are in trouble...... That little peanut is our beautiful and smart niece Jacklyn. Every day she suprises us with how grown up she has become. It is great living over in France, don't get me wrong, but these are the times that make you realize what you are missing. It seemed like only yesterday that Shaun received a call at 4 in the morning from Mickey saying they welcomed a beautiful baby girl named Jacklyn Collins Fein. Fast forward 6 years to us visiting the family in Martin, Tn and us watching Jack's softball game on a nasty windy cold spring day. Through out the game, Jacklyn needed to use the bathroom and since I was the only girl there, I would take her. The first few times, she was in and out and back to the field. But as it got colder, there seemed to be a direct correlation to her needing to use the bathroom and the weather getting worse. So on our 4th trip in 20 minutes, we walk into the bathroom and she shuts the door and turns around, gets into a batter's stance and I think to myself, 'ok, where is this going?'  She says to me, "I think I am gonna practice my swing in here." ( insert mature matter of fact voice) I was torn between getting warm, because she had a point... it was nice and toasty in the bathroom, and wanting Uncle Shaun to see her in action on the field. So we took a few practice swings, enought to get her warm ( I only wanted what was best for her) and then headed back out to the field. Although I knew it before, that really showed me she was my kind of girl. Fast forward another 6-7 years and now we get skype calls from Jacklyn just to 'catch up and see how we are doing' -her exact words (again with that mature matter of fact voice). Next thing you know, we are gonna blink and she is gonna be driving. But wait, that may be perfect timing because we have the shiniest (in some parts) green Jetta waiting in our car port for her 16th birthday. I'm sure all of you who are familiar with the 'green bean' see that last statement as more of a threat than a promise, but hey, what could be better than having a 'vintage' car as your first car?!? But back to Jack, we are extremely proud of her and all of her accomplishments. She continues to be a perfect student while playing sports and above all, is a really good person down to her soul. Wish we could be there to celebrate with you and we love you Jack!!! Who knows, we will probably get a skype call tonight on her birthday just to see how we are doing, cause that's just how Jack rolls.....
13 going on 21..like I said Mick, you're in trouble.
The crew last summer on the Cape after jumping off a bridge into the water. While Uncle Shaun was scared to do it, 12 1/2 year old Jack did it ....a few times.



Ty-fry on the cape, even he wanted to jump...

No comments:

Post a Comment