Thursday, February 28, 2013

30 random facts (Nikki edition)

{This is as daring as I will get}

There has been this topic going around in the blog world for a bit and I have enjoyed reading others so much that I decided to take the plunge and do one myself. But unlike 50 random facts, I'll stick with 30 or so. So here goes...

1. Social media is weird to me. I think twitter is hilarious and don't understand why people feel the need to broadcast to strangers what they are doing every moment of the day...even this blog is pushing it for me. Instagram is growing on me but I still have a long way to go. But to each his own.

2. I owned a horse growing up...and a goat. And many dogs and cats. And some fish. All the while living in the city.

3. I am an only child, and some say I live up to it.

4. I played every sport under the sun available to me until I was 13 (baseball, volleyball, soccer, softball, karate and tennis). Then soccer took over.

5. I played on boys soccer teams until I was 13. That is when the size difference really became apparent..especially since I was a peanut.

6. I have always had more guy friend than girls friends.

7. I love spicy foods, the hotter the better.

8. Learned how to drive stick in France, most likely ruined the transmission on that car too. Sorry.

9. I am right-handed but can only throw a Frisbee with my left.

10. I have never skied, ever. Only snow boarded...and I'm goofy footed.

11. I would prefer to spend $ on travel/vacation over items any day.

12. I drink between 3-4 liters of water a day.

13. Wanted to be a skate-boarder when I was little but parents didn't want me hurting myself so I had to hide in our garage and practice my jumps in there.

14. My first music memory was stealing a Run DMC cassette from my uncle when he was visiting.

15. Large crowds in stadiums used to give me the heebie-jeebies, especially when they all turned at one time. All good now.

16. I love the idea of snow but hate being cold.

17. I re-enact the basketball scene in Along Came Polly as often as possible to Shaun's dismay...and I have no shame in front of who ..."raindrops, white chocolate" and last but not least, "let it rain".

18. I don't like soda. Ok, maybe Root Beer but that is it.


19. I am a PG rated daredevil. Will not go skydiving or swimming with the sharks but will occasionally cross the line at the bowling alley and enter the greased area and see where it takes me.

20. I was, and still am, a tomboy. I used to bamboozle my grandparents into every new Jordan that came out.

21. During summer school while my parents were away and their friend's brand new Infiniti was parked at our house, I did make a copy of the key and drove it to school. The tires were slashed, as were many others that day, forcing me to get new ones and promptly returned the car to the garage with out anyone knowing. I did tell my parents...10 years later.

22. Ferris wheels terrify me.

23. I have tried yoga class, once. My mother and I were scolded a few times since we were laughing at the 70 year old man in front of us with dolphin shorts on and no drawers. And WE were the ones scolded..

24. I love cheese, all cheese except Blue cheese, smells likes Shaun's dirty socks. And while I love him to death, I would in no way, ever eat his socks.

25. I may be a tomboy but I have way too many shoes, not according to me, but definitely to Shaun.

26. Black is my favorite color.

27. I am 5'4" but my Santa Clara and US soccer bios said I was 5'7" or 5'8" (and I didn't correct them).

28. I can not in any way have coffee after 3pm and expect to get any sleep that night.

29.  Dude, is a major player in my vocabulary.

30. I love to cook, and some say I'm good at it, but on the other hand, that some needs me to cook on a daily basis so what else is he going to say.








2 comments:

  1. the one that shocked me the most...you're only 5'4? I totally see you at 5'11! that's crazy! loved these, though I think id struggle to think of 10 never mind 30 or 50, how long did it take you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5"11? Boy did I have you bluffed! Surprisingly, it didn't take too long to accumulate.

      Delete